Ansaback (who provide a telephone answering service) are continuously looking for new ways to reduce their carbon footprint, so when they came across the ‘Suffolk Car Share’ scheme they immediately signed up and within the first day had staff using the programme.
What is the car share scheme?
Companies and organisations can set up a private group for their staff within Suffolkcarshare. A private site enables a company to have its own restricted groups for its staff. Staff are therefore able to search for matches amongst their colleagues. Rather uniquely staff can also without displaying any travel details search the County and National database for matches. It allows people to benefit from the convenience of the car, whilst alleviating the associated problems of congestion and pollution.
What are the benefits of sharing a car?
• Saves you money – travelling with others enables you to reduce your transport costs by up to £1000 a year.
• Reduces the number of cars on the roads – resulting in less congestion, less pollution and fewer parking problems
• Provides a real solution to the transport problems of rural areas
• Gives employees and employers more transport options
• Reduces the need for a private car
Car sharing has many benefits including:
• Reduce CO2 emissions and pollution
• Reduce parking costs
• Reduce staff travel costs
• Reduce levels of traffic and congestion
• Reduce pressure on car-parking facilities
• Help fulfil planning requirements
• Improve relations with the local community
• Widen the recruitment catchment area for staff
• Form a key part of your Travel Plan
Written by: Ansaback Telephone Answering Service